8 Tips for Choosing Paint Colors for Home Interior
When you're looking to paint the interior of you home, deciding which color is right for which room can be tricky. There are so many different options that it can be hard to make a positive decision! Your home interior paint colors in Alpharetta are what you look at every day, so it's important that you are happy with the color which you've chose. Colors affects the brain in many ways, which is why it's key that you pick the right colors for each room. Here are a few tips that you can follow in order to guarantee you make the right decision.
1. Start small with your decisions. If you plan to paint your entire home, but you have no idea what colors you're going to paint each room, start with a small room. If you start by painting a bathroom, laundry room, or kitchen then you're able to make mistakes. Even if you only start out with an accent wall, you'll get results quicker. Getting quicker results means that you're able to find out if you like what you've done or not. If you don't end up liking the paint job, you're only working with a small area, so you can change it to whatever you'd like.
2. Think about the tone you want to set in what room. If you want to be extremely relaxed in your bedroom, then you want to paint it a soothing color. If you want it to be dramatic and intimate, you can paint it a more dramatic color, like a deep red. If you want to provide a more social atmosphere in your dining room, try painting it a brighter color as bright colors tend to promote more social activity.
3. Pay attention to lighting. You may have noticed that paint stores have light boxes. This is so you can test the paint strips in lighting that's more likely to be found in your home. You might think you love a color when you see it at the paint shop, but once you get it on your walls and the light hits it a certain way, it's not the color you thought it was at all.
4. Keep in mind that a strong color might be too overpowering. You might want to paint a wall next to a window a vibrant color, but you need to remember that it might be too much.
5. Understand the different terms involved with color. There are a lot of different terms that are involved with painting and color that you might not know right away; learn them.
6. Figure out which gloss you want. Some walls need to be glossier than others, kitchen walls particularly.
7. If you want an active space, try going with a more intense color.
8. Test colors out on a poster board next to your walls. Testing out colors will help you better decide what will actually look best.